Peppermint essential oil is a very effective natural painkiller and muscle relaxant. It’s especially helpful in soothing an aching back, sore muscles and soothing away headaches. Peppermint oil performs well as a mouthwash and assists in reducing cavities.
To alleviate the pain of a headache, peppermint can be applied in a diluted form directly on the forehead. Inhaling peppermint oil can eliminate the effects of nausea and motion sickness, because of its relaxing and soothing effects. Its cooling and anti-inflammatory properties are part of the reason why it is so successful at relieving headache symptoms.
Like most other essential oils, peppermint is able to provide relief from stress, depression and mental exhaustion due to its refreshing nature. It is also effective against anxiety and restlessness. Also it can help to stimulate mental activity, clearing the mind, and increasing focus on cognitive tasks.
- ✔ Peppermint oil is very helpful as an aid for digestion. People often put a few drops of peppermint oil in a glass of water and drink it after their meal for its beneficial digestive properties.
- ✔ Peppermint oil, helps to clear the respiratory tract. It is also effective in providing relief for numerous respiratory problems including nasal congestion, sinusitis, asthma, bronchitis, colds and coughs.
- ✔ Pain relief can be achieved by applying the oil externally. It is believed that the presence of calcium antagonism in peppermint oil helps remove pain from affected areas.
- ✔ It also is cooling in nature and is subsequently used to help reduce fever. It is frequently called a “refrigerant”, meaning that it can provide an intensely cold sensation to any affected area. In case of injury, wound, or healing process, topically apply peppermint oil to the area to reduce swelling, relieve pain, and eliminate the chances of uncomfortable inflammation.
- ✔ People with weak immune systems or who seem to frequently suffer from illness. Peppermint oil is also known to have powerful antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal effects, which is why it is used in so many alternative treatments.